Child & Adolescent Therapy
Childhood is a very unique time of rapid development socially, emotionally, and physically. The dynamics in our society including school, cultural values, sports, as well as shifts in technology can have significant impacts upon their emotional health. Childhood emotional health has been widely recognized as a crucial part to overall wellness. Providing your child with the opportunity to reflect and emotionally grow is critical in supporting their healthy development.
Counseling children is a unique approach as we have to address their stage of development, any delays they may be experiencing, and also engage family within the treatment process. Having family involved in the treatment process is crucial, as much of children’s emotional wellness is directly impacted by their family connections and dynamics. Due to this, often our clinicians engage youth through the creative arts, expressive therapies, and movement based interventions. Our clinicians are excited to help them build healthy identities, relationships, and coping skills through many approaches. Some of the activities you can expect your child to participate in include:
- Art Therapy – Coloring, painting, and other forms to create visual representations
- Music Therapy – Expressing emotions through sound, lyrics, and poetry
- Play Therapy – Sharing their emotional world through the use of dolls/action figures/houses etc
- Drama Therapy – Acting, role playing, scene writing help them to share and also practice new skills they learn in therapy
If your child struggles with any of the following, we can help!
- Self Esteem
- Emotional Control
- Positive Relationships
- Attention & Focus
- Family Relationships
- Self Injury or Self Destructive Behaviors
- Anxious Emotions and/or Behaviors